Saturday, April 23, 2016

Vinny's Quilt


This is the fourth quilt in my UFO(unfinished objects) challenge.   I am really too embarrassed to tell you how long ago I made this quilt top, but I will tell you the right baby hadn't been born, until this year. My nephew Levi and his wife Ashlee had their first baby on leap day! I am so excited to be able to give them this quilt for this precious little guy!

My sister Julie had made a similar quilt to this and I loved it, so I had decided to make one.  It is a true scrappy quilt.  I bought the bug fabric and green polka dots fabric, but all the fabric for the pieced blocks and first border came from my scraps and fabric stash.


This quilt has a lot going on as far as the fabrics and colors so I decided to quilt it with a straight line thru all the pieced blocks diagonally.  I could not decide on one color to do this so I used green thread thru the green fabric, red thread thru the red fabric and ect. I also did a little stippling around the bugs. This may make me sound old, but the hardest part of making this quilt was sewing on the binding.  The binding is black with green polka dots, the backing is a black tone on tone fabric.  To finish it I hand stitched the binding down with black thread!  All that black was tough on my eyes!

My Mom is visiting from Montana, so she will take the quilt back with her to give to baby Vinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment